About this course
Participants need to solve bioinformatics problems using programming. The goal is to solve as many problems as possible.
If you are interested in Bioinformatics, enjoy solving complex problems, and have experience in the field of Computer Science, Molecular Biology, and Genomics, do not hesitate to join. You can join the Contest anytime before June 19!
The Contest consists of two rounds:
- Qualification Round — from June 12, 11:59 AM UTC to June 19, 11:59 AM UTC. You can solve problems anytime during this week.
- Final Round – lasts for 24h and starts on June 26, 1 PM UTC.
Join and compete for amazing prizes:
- 1st place – Whole Genome Sequencing
- 2nd and 3rd – Whole Exome Sequencing
- 4th and 5th – 23andMe or Genotek DNA Service
- 1st–30th – Honorable Bioinformatics T-Shirt
The problems will be available after the Contest end. However, you will not get points for solving them.
To participate you need to:
- Register or log in on Stepik (it is free).
- Press the “Join this course” button.
- Press the "Learn" button.
Who is this course for
Everybody who is interested in bioinformatics and programming.
Participants should know how to code in one of the programming languages, especially how to read and write from standard input/output streams and files. The knowledge of algorithms and data structures, machine learning, and the basics of molecular biology will be helpful.