About this course
The course aims to help both students and professional people understand differences and commonalities within diverse cultures to become more effective in managing people across cultures.
It includes five modules, each of them comprises two topics to cover, literature to study and questions to reflect on.
Introduction. Fish can’t see water
Module 1. Communication Patterns. Topics: Edward Hall Model, Lewis Model
Module 2. Listening Patterns. Topics: National Listening Patterns, Disagreeing.
Module 3. Leadership Patterns. Topics: The Concept of Power Distance, Deciding.
Module 4. Scheduling Patterns. Topics: Time, Space
Module 5. Motivation. Topics: Trust, Golden Rules for Interaction
Each of the Module includes literature to study and questions to discuss.
Questions are to be discussed at the FORUMS after each of the Module
The criteria to “PASS” are: obligatory participation in the FORUMS after each of the Module.
After Module 3, students take the intermediate test, which covers all the topics of the first three Modules. There are 20 questions with YES or NO options.
The criteria to “PASS” are: 15 appropriate replies.
Upon completion the video course, in order to get the “PASS” on the course, one has to write an essay, reflecting on what aspects of the course work well to her/ him and what parts of the course might be extended or/and improved.
Thanks and wish you to succeed!
Labor intensity of this course: 72 hours (2 credits, 5 weeks).
Weekly workload: 4-6 hours
The result of the course
- Ability to work out and fulfil the corporate strategy and development program for the company in cross cultural environment
- Ability to manage cultural diversity in the company
- To know the methodology of corporate strategy and communications
- To be able to implement the methodology of corporate strategy and communications into the company real cases
- To be skilled at organisational design in the cross cultural environment
Who is this course for
For students studying international relations, cultural studies etc.