What you will learn
- Students will be also able to
- • analyze the logic of decision-making in the Soviet policy towards nationalities
- • realize political potential and prospects of conflict resolution in present Eurasia.
- • evaluate policies, problems and conflicts both from normative and non-normative (pragmatic) perspectives.
About this course
The purpose of the course is to present the logic of the collapse of the Soviet Union.
The course combines facts and analysis in optimal proportions.
After completing the course, students will have a clear understanding of what happened to the superpower at the turn of the 1980s-1990s.
The course is set in the context of Russian and foreign scientific discourse.
It is necessary to listen carefully lector's speech, watch video, catch the author's thought and pass control tests.
Whom this course is for
The core audience of the course are students who major in International Relations, Political Science.
General knowledge about the history of Russia and the Soviet Union in the XX century are advisory before the start of the course.
Meet the Instructors
How you will learn
The course includes: Video-lections Multiple choice tests Video supplements
What you will get
- Understanding of the causes of the disintegration of the USSR;
- Understanding of the varieties of destructive nationalism in the Eurasian space;
- Opportunity to test your knowledge in this topic;
- A sertificate confirming the completion of the course.